The Director General of Merchant Shipping office ( Shipping Office) of Sri Lanka is having a difficult time to undertake the added work assigned to them such as issue of New CDC, COP and COC Examinations, Combined Safety Certificate etc.
As a result the Seafarers are having a problem with attending their new requirements.
In order to assist them, the Approved Maritime Academies are given ok to prepare the necessary file with a copy of all certificates and other documents.
Seafarers who are trying to get Certificate of Proficiency as Able Seafarer in Deck and Engine Department can submit the files through Approved Maritime Academies in Future without wasting time at Shipping Office.
Please report to our academy for efficient service with proper documents, so we will prepare the file for you and submit to Shipping Office. You will have to go to the shipping office only to submit for examinations and collect certificates.
1. Birth Certificate
2. National ID card
4. Educational Certificates ( OL / AL)
5. Seaman Book ( CDC)
6. Medical Fitness Certificate from an approved Doctor.
7. Watch Keeping Certificate.
8. Testimonials of Sea Service
9. If you have not joined ships through Colombo Shipping Office, confirmation of Sea service from the Company you have served – email sent Directly to 'Director General's Office of Merchant Shipping' [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] and copy to you.
10. Original of valid Safety Certificates issued after August 2012 – PST – PSSR – EFA - FPFF – SSA or SDSD, PSCRB, Maritime English.
11. Preparatory course certificates.
12. If you have maintained an approved Training Record Book (TRB), you will be given less sea service. These approved Training Record Books are available at our academy.
13. Sea Service – 12 months approved pre sea training with TRB or 18 months without TRB
14. Due Payments will be advised and we are trying to see if you can pay that as well at the academy.